It is recommended and necessary to buy travel insurance when traveling in Tibet and other places in China even though the chances are not high that you may encounter medical emergency, damage or loss to personal property, injury or even a death. With the travel insurances, your safety and property will be protected so that you can travel with a peace of mind, without worrying about random stuff that can go wrong.
As you can imagine, the types of travel insurance differ. There’s a wide range of options as well as a great number of providers. You can choose a specific one accordingly or find any combination of travel insurance plans to protect you from a variety of risks, such as cancelation of trips, cancelation of flights, delay of flights, injure, unforeseen natural disasters, death, loss of property, luggage/ baggage lost, etc.
What Travel Insurance Tibet Discovery Offers for You
If you travel with Tibet Discovery, we usually will offer two travel insurances for you which are covered in your tour package - Travel Agencies’ Liability Insurance and Accident Insurance.
Travel Agencies’ Liability Insurance
The Travel Agencies’ Liability Insurance is a kind of mandatory insurance that a legal China travel agency must purchase, which is stipulated by the National Tourism Administration of China. Both the applicant and the insured are the travel agency itself. This insurance guarantees that you will receive compensation if you encounter any property loss or personal injury and death which are caused by your travel agency. However, it does not cover mishaps or physical problems occurring outside the guided tour period or caused by clients themselves.
Besides the Travel Agencies’ Liability Insurance, we also provide Accident Insurance for our customers. The applicant and the insured are customers yourselves. Only the China part of your trip is valid for the Accident Insurance. To purchase the Accident Insurance, we have to have your nationality, full name, passport number, gender and DOB (date of birth).
What’s usually covered in the Accident Insurance?
- 1. Compensation for accidental casualty of injury or death during your trip, such as natural disasters, road accidents, etc.
- 2. Compensation for accidental casualty of injury or death caused by high-risk activities.
- 3. Compensation for accidental death or total disability caused by acute diseases.
- 4. Compensation for medical expenses during the inpatient care in the hospital.
- 5. Compensation for flight delay.
- 6. Compensation for loss of luggage/baggage, not including laptop and mobile phone.
- 7. Compensation for loss of travel documents.
- 8. Insurance for emergency rescue.
- 9. Insurance for transportation to hospital.
- 10. Compensation for relatives, including round-trip flights and accommodation.
(Important Notice: the insurance amount varies and depends on the type of the Accident Insurance)
Travel Insurance You Can Buy on Your Own
Only the Travel Agencies’ Liability Insurance and Accident Insurance are not enough to care every aspect of your entire trip, such as the international flights, trips outside China, etc. It is strongly recommended to buy several personal insurances in your country before leaving for China. Ensure that you have adequate insurance amount to cover you on the entire trip from departure to back home.
Important Tips to Know
• Check Coverage Carefully - before purchasing any travel insurance, you have to check coverage carefully, especially the Medical/Emergency coverage.
• Worldwide International Travel Insurance - sometimes you can buy an international travel insurance which can protect you from the beginning to the end. There are many providers, such as WorldNomads, Blue Cross Blue Shield, etc.
• Medical Care Condition in China - in most area of China, including Tibet, the medical care is relatively behind that of the US and European counties. Only some of the largest cities in China, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzheng, Chengdu and Guangzhou, have up-to-date medical facilities with English-speaking staff. Only a few hospitals accept foreign insurance policies, including Beijing United Family Hospital, Beijing Friendship Hospital, International Medical Center in Beijing, Peking Union Medical Center and Shanghai United Family Hospital.
• Money and Currency - if you encounter an injury or acute disease, and have to go to a Chinese hospital, please note that payment upfront for services is required. Even if you have medical insurance, you may have to pay out of pocket and then apply for reimbursement. And only the cash and Chinese bank cards are available to use in most Chinese hospitals. Only a few hospitals in major cities may accept credit cards. After the treatment, try your best to get a receipt for all the services in the hospital, or you may not qualify for reimbursement.
• It is recommended to carry the proof of insurance with you wherever you are in your trip.
• Besides the necessary medical coverage, you can consider to purchase some other insurances to protect your properties, travel documents, luggage, etc.
More about Our Service
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts soon!
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: