Why Take Flight to Lhasa from Zhengzhou
1. Zhengzhou is an important transportation junction in China, and it can be reached easily by domestic flights from other major cities in China, like Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Xian, Chengdu, Guilin etc. There are also available high speed trains running between Zhengzhou and Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Hangzhou etc.
2. Although Zhengzhou is not a well-known metropolis, it also can be reached by some direct international flights from other countries in Asia, including Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Vietnam.
3. There are two daily flights from Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport to Lhasa Gonggar International Airport, which takes just nearly 3 hours, 35 hours shorter than a train from Zhengzhou to Lhasa.
4. Shaolin Temple in Zhengzhou is world-known temple with a history of over 1500 years old. Shaolin Temple and its pagoda Forest were listed in the lists of UNESCO World Heritage Sites as a part of Historic Monuments of Dengfeng. As the main Chinese Buddhist School, Shaolin Temple also shows the feature of Chinese Buddhism. A journey to Shaolin Temple make great senses before you travel to Tibet and explore Tibet Buddhism.
Kungfu Show in Shaolin Temple
Zhengzhou Lhasa Flights Schedules
Totally, there are two daily nonstop flights from Zhengzhou to Lhasa – PN6293 taking off at 06:20 and landing on at 10:10, and PN6303 departing at 16:43 and arriving at 20:30. Both of them are operated by West Air. The fly duration is about 3 hours and 50 minutes. At the same day, there are two nonstop flights from Lhasa to Zhengzhou, including PN6294 and PN6304. PN6294 takes off at 10:45 from Lhasa and gets to Zhengzhou at 14:05, with duration of 3 hours and 20 minutes. PN6304 is a night flight starts off at 21:15 and reaches Zhengzhou at 00:40 of the next day.
Check following table for details about Zhengzhou Lhasa Flight Schedules and fares to decide which to choose.
Zhengzhou to Lhasa Flights
Important Notice: 1) Above flight schedules and fares are only for reference, please contact us to catch up on the latest information. But we usually will keep them updated; 2) The airlines companies usually will cut down the flight schedules during winter and spring seasons. There may be no daily flight in some months.
About Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport
Zhengzhou International Airport (IATA: CGO, 郑州新政国际机场), Xinzheng Airport for abbreviation and Xuanyuan Airport for an alternative name, is Central China’s first airport with two runways and two terminals. It was open on 28 August 1997 and has replaced the old Dongjiao Airport which lies in the downtown of Zhengzhou. In 2014, it got the title of 17th busiest airport in China with about 16 million passengers. Nowadays, it succeeds in realizing the effortless transfer among airlines, highway, high speed railway and metro.
At present, Xinzheng International Airport has cooperated with 9 international airlines and 32 domestic passenger airlines which operate 187 flight routes to 95 destinations.
International Flights to Zhengzhou
Zhengzhou International Airports serve direct flights from/to the major cities in East Asia and Southeast Asia, including the following cities:
1) North America (Vancouver)
2) East Asia (Seoul, Sapporo, Tokyo, Osaka)
3) Southeast Asia (Siem Reap, Bangkok, Phuket, Nha Trang)
4) Other regions (Hong Kong, Macau, Taipei) can reach Zhengzhou directly by flight.
Tips: If you want to travel from other cities from Europe, Australia, North America etc. to Zhengzhou, it will be a good idea to take a transfer in Beijing, Hong Kong or Shanghai.
Domestic Flights to Zhengzhou
Besides international flights, Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport also operates frequent domestic flights. The popular destinations connected with Zhengzhou by flights include the following cities.
1) Eastern China - Shanghai, Hangzhou, Xiamen, Nanjing, Huangshan etc.;
2) Northern China - Beijing, Hohhot, Lanzhou, Xining, Yinchuan etc.;
3) Southern China - Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Guilin, Sanya, Kunming, Guiyang, etc.;
4) Western China - Chengdu, Lhasa, Lijiang, Urumqi, etc.
Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport
Transfer to/from Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport
Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport is located 37km southeast of Zhengzhou City and 100km east of Shaolin Temple. There are several accessible means to take you to/off the airport from/to Zhengzhou City.
1) High Speed Trains – The airport can be reached from Zhengzhou, Kaifeng, Jiaozuo via intercity trains (C-type high speed trains).
2) Metro - Chengjiao Line of Zhengzhou Metro line 2 connects Zhengzhou downtown area with Xinzheng Airport. Within 5 minutes' walking, you are able to get the departure hall after you get off the metro.
3) Shuttle Bus – There are 6 shuttle bus routes from Airport Hotel, Zhengzhou Hotel, Zhengzhou Railway Station West Square, Longyuan Hotel, and Zhengzhou East Railway Station to Zhengzhou Xinzheng Airport. From the bus station close to Zhengzhou Railway Station, you can take a coach to Shaolin Temple directly.
4) Taxi – It is easy to call a taxi to the airport and the fee is about 100 CNY.
About Lhasa Gonggar International Airport
Lhasa Gonggar International Airport (LXA - 拉萨贡嘎国际机场) is the largest and most important airport in Tibet Autonomous Region. In 2016, the airport has greeted more than 3 million passengers, most of whom are travelers, including thousands of foreigner travelers. The airport is about 62 kilometers (39 mi) southwest of the city in Gonggar County of Shannan Prefecture. The airport is one of the highest airports in the world with an elevation of 3,570 meters (11,710 ft). Airbus A340 and Boeing 757 aircrafts are allowed to land in the airport.
International Flights to Lhasa
So far, there is only one international air line connecting Lhasa: Kathmandu – Lhasa. During summer days, there are daily direct flights operated, sometimes two flights and sometimes just one flight. Only Air China and Sichuan Airlines are operating the Kathmandu - Lhasa flights. To take a flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa, one will need a Group Visa, Tibet Travel Permit and Tibet Border Pass.
Domestic Flights to Lhasa
Lhasa Gonggar Airport is well connected to many cities in China, including Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Xian, Kunming, Chongqing, Xining, Shangri-La, etc. Among all these cities, Chengdu is the most popular hub for taking flights/off Tibet. There are more than 20 flights flying between Chengdu and Lhasa each day. Xian also operates about 4~6 flights to Lhasa each day.
Transfer to/off Lhasa Gonggar International Airport
Lhasa Gonggar Airport is about 60km from Lhasa downtown. It costs about 100~200 CNY to the Barkhor Street area of Lhasa city. Airport shuttle bus is also available, and costs only about 25 CNY. It usually takes about 1~1.5 hours to transfer between the airport and Lhasa downtown.
Tibet Discovery also provides you convenient and comfortable airport pick-up and drop-off services which are usually included in our Tibet tour packages. If you take our group tours, you will enjoy our free airport pick-up and drop-off services which are offered at contain hours:
Free Airport Transfer to Hotel in Lhasa
- - Around 10:00 pick up travelers who arrive at Lhasa Gonggar Airport before 09:30 AM;
- - Around 14:00 pick up travelers who arrive at Lhasa Gonggar Airport before 13:30 PM;
- - Around 17:00 pick up travelers who arrive at Lhasa Gonggar Airport before 16:30 PM.
Free Transfer to Airport from Hotel in Lhasa
- - Around 07:00 pick up travelers who departs from Lhasa Gonggar Airport between 09:00 ~ 11:30 AM;
- - Around 09:30 pick up travelers who departs from Lhasa Gonggar Airport between 11:30 AM ~ 14:30 PM;
- - Around 12:30 pick up travelers who departs from Lhasa Gonggar Airport after 14:30 PM.
- Learn more about Lhasa Gonggar International Airport.
Lhasa Gonggar Airport
Shuttle Buses Between Airport and Lhasa
Tibet Travel Permit and Flight Travel
A Tibet Travel Permit (Tibet Entry Permit) is the MUST-DOCUMENT to take a flight to Tibet. It is firstly needed to book flight at the airport. When you check in and check out the airports, the original Tibet Travel Permit also will be checked. Please remember to duplicate at least 3 copies of Tibet Travel Permit because the permits are required for many occasions. The permit can only be issued in Tibet by the Tibet Tourism Bureau, and also can be only applied by travel agency behalf of travelers. It needs about 15~20 days to obtain the permit.
How to Apply for Tibet Travel Permit
1. Contact us to work out and confirm an itinerary in Tibet;
2. Send us the scanned copies of your passport, and provide an available address in China(hotel or local agency) to receive your permit;
3. We apply for the Tibet Travel Permit from Tibet Tourism Bureau in Lhasa;
4. Once the permit is issued, we will send the scanning copy of permit by Email.
>> Learn more details about Tibet Travel Permit Application
Tibet Travel Permit
Useful Notes on Tibet Flight Travel
1. Necessary documents required to take a flight to/off Tibet
- Chinese Visa is always needed no matter you are taking a flight or a train to Tibet. The office man in the airport will check your Chinese visa when your go to board the plane.
- The Passport will be needed for many situations: booking flight ticket, checking in flight, checking in hotel, checking in the Border Station in Tibet, etc. Make sure your passport is valid and original.
- Original Tibet Travel Permit will be checked when you board your plane at the airports in China.
2. How to book flight ticket?
The flight ticket can be booked at online websites, such as Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip, Qunar, etc. You can also buy the ticket from the airports in China or flight resellers. You are also welcomed to let us book your flight. We are always keeping up with the latest flight news and usually can book the ticket at a cheaper price. During summer and autumn, it is usually difficult to book the flights to Lhasa. While using our booking service, we will not only book the ticket, but also arrange a valuable tour package.
3. When is the best time to fly to Tibet?
Generally speaking, months from April to October are recommended for traveling in Tibet. Other months are usually very cold, and possibly have heavy snow, especially in regions like Mount Everest, Mount Kailash, Namtso Lake, etc. The flights schedules are also more frequent during April to October. During December to March, the airline companies will cut down the flight schedules, usually from daily weekly, even to none. But top cities like Chengdu and Beijing still operate daily flights during the shoulder season. It is recommended to take the morning flight so that you can get to Lhasa before late afternoon, and have enough time to acclimatize yourself to the altitude and thin air in Lhasa. The morning flights also cut down the risk that your flights would be delayed or canceled.
4. Apart from Zhengzhou, where can I also take a flight to Tibet?
Apart from Zhengzhou, you can also fly to Tibet from Chengdu, Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Kunming, Chongqing, Shanggri-la, etc.
5. International flights to Tibet
So far, there is only one international air line connecting Lhasa: Kathmandu – Lhasa. During summer days, there are daily direct flights operated, sometimes two flights and sometimes just one flight. Only Air China and Sichuan Airlines are operating the Kathmandu - Lhasa flights. To take a flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa, one will need a Group Visa and Tibet Travel Permit./p>
6. What else airport I can fly to except for Lhasa Gonggar International Airport?
Tibet has five airports in total. Besides Lhasa Gonggar Airport, you can also take a flight to Shigatse, Nyingchi, Ngari and Qamdo. But only certain cities in China operate flights to these smaller cities.
- Shigatse - there is daily flight flying between Chengdu and Shigatse each day. The airport name is Shigatse Peace Airport, which is about 46km from Shigatse city.
- Nyingchi - Chengdu usually offers 4 morning flights to Nyingchi Milin Airport. While its neighboring city Chongqing also has 3 morning flights to Nyingchi each day. If you travel from Nyingchi to Lhasa, you are recommended to take a flight to Nyingchi firstly from Chengdu or Chongqing. It is also available to fly out Tibet directly from Nyingchi.
- Qamdo – Both Chongqing and Chengdu operate a daily flight to Qamdo in Tibet. But there are few travelers have chosen this line because Qamdo is not a popular tourist destination in Tibet.
- Ngari - Urumqi (capital of Xinjiang) offers a daily direct flight to Ngari with a stop at Kashgar on every Tuesday and Friday. Taking this flight, passengers need Military Permit and Border Pass as well as Tibet Travel Permit.
7. The regulation on the luggage allowance on the plane
|Luggage Type||First Class||Business Class||Economy Class||Allowed Baggage Size|
|Allowed Carry-on Baggage||5kg * 2 pieces||5kg||5kg||55cm/20cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
|Allowed Checked-in Baggage||40kg||30kg||20kg||100cm/60cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
8. Will my kids get a discounted flight ticket?
Kids aging 2 to 12 years old (including 12) will get a discount of 50% of the full price of the flight fare. If an adult take a flight to Lhasa from Zhengzhou with a child aging at 10 and the full price for the economy class is 2760 CNY, the ticket fare for the child is 1880 CNY. The child also doesn’t have to pay for Airport Construction Fee while the adult has to. Infant under 2 years old only has to pay 10% of the full price, but the separate seat is not provided.
9. How do I collect (receive) the flight ticket?
Since most flight tickets are booked online, so firstly you will receive an e-ticket. You will change a paper ticket when you checking in your flight at a counter in the airport.