Pack & Health Advice for Nepal Travel
Are you planning a trip to Nepal? Packing properly can make your trip more enjoyable, while sometimes the overburden packing will cause problems. If you are searching for what to pack for your trip to Nepal, here is our lists which may be helpful to you.
Travel Documents - Have Both the Original and Copied Ones
Bring your identification and travel documents with you is the most important thing before your Nepal tour. In case that you may lose your travel documents in your trip abroad, you have to bring the original documents as well as some printed copies of the documents. Follwoing is the list of travel documents you should pack and back up.
- Passport (the identification page);
- 4 copies of passport size photo;
- Visa (You can apply a prior visa in an Embassy or Consulate abroad, or get Nepal Visa on Arrival at the airport or land border ports);
- Travel insurance;
- Health information;;
- Credit cards;
- Travel itinerary;
- Airline tickets;
- Hotel or lodging reservation confirmations;
- Any other pre-paid confirmations.
Keep Your Passport Safe
Copy of Your Travel Itinerary
What to Pack for Regular Nepal Vacation and Himalaya Trekking
- A large backpack for luggage and a smaller bag for daily use;
- Casual clothes for Kathmandu and other cities. If you want to get some trekking, pack warm trekking socks and trekking trousers;
- Light boots and strong waterproof boots for trekking;
- Insect repellent;
- Sunhat, Sunglasses.
This is a reffering list of medicine you can pack with you in refference. Please consult your doctor's advice.
- Aspirin or paracetamol pain or fever.
- Antihistamine for allergies,hay fever and itch from insect bites.
- Cough & Cold Remedies.
- Antibiotics if you are going to have a trekking trip.
- Medicine for diarrhoea.
- Rehydration mixture for dehydration(important if with kids).
- Outdoor medicines, such as insect repellent, sunscreen, lip balm and eye drops.
- Sting-relief spray or sunblocking cream
- Antifungal cream to prevent fungal skin infections.
- antiseptic, Bandages and other wound dressingsfor cuts and grazes
- Water purification tablets or iodine.
Recommended Vaccinations for a Nepal Tour
Althought Nepal goverment has not carried out any official requirements of immunisations for travelers, but for your health, you are suggested to take precautions, particularly when you are planning to get some trekking, rafting, etc. Some important caccinations are Diphtheria & tetanus, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Influenza, Japanese B Encephalitis (JBE), Meningococcal Meningitis , Polio, Rabies, Tuberculosis, Typhoid and Yellow fever.
Bags for Nepal Trekking
How to Plan a Nepal Tour
Best time to visit Nepal: March to mid-June and mid-September to November
How to get to Nepal: overland driving from China (Tibet) and India, flights from China (Tibet, Chengdu…), India (Delhi/Mumbai/Kolkata/Bengaluru...), Bangladesh (Dhaka), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Thailand (Bangkok), Singapore, etc.
Nepal Visa: you can get Nepal Visa on arrival at Kathmandu Airport and border entry ports, or apply for it from Nepal Embassy abroad before departure, which takes about 1 to 3 working days.
Tourists always start a Nepal tour from Kathmandu - the capital city and tourist distribution center. 4 days is enough to enjoy the world heritage sites and Himalayan views in Kathmandu Valley (Kathmandu, Patan, Bhaktapur and Nagarkot). For those travelers who won’t want to miss the most astonishing nature of Nepal, spend 1 or 2 more days visiting lakeside Pokhara. For more experience, Chitwan is a good choice to offer Nepal’s oldest wildlife (various mammal and birds species) as well as a variety of excursions in 2 days usually. If you are a Buddhist follower or fan, travel Lumbini and other Buddhist sites in 3~4 more days. If you are a trekking enthusiast, there is a bucket of trekking routes, like Everest Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit, Poon Hill, etc.
It is strongly recommended to take a Tibet Nepal overland trip, so you are able to have Himalayan landscape savory and special culture encounter in one go. Or you can extend your trip to tiny Bhutan to find the mystery of happiness. Tibet Discovery is specialized in providing Nepal Tibet Bhutan Tour Packages and you are also welcomed to customize your unique experience.
Adam's Family from USA visited Kathmandu with Tibet Discovery
Top Nepal Destinations
More Nepal Travel Guide
Recommended Nepal Tour PackagesFollowing are some of our most recommended Nepal tour packages that you may be interested in. All of our tour packages are classic itineraries, and can be tailor-made to meet your personal requirements. You can get more Nepal Tours, or contact us to customize a trip if you want.
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts soon!
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: