Nepal Visa is a must to entry and visit Nepal for all international travelers except Indians. The Nepal Tourist Visa of multiple entries can be obtained upon arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, Immigration Offices along Nepal India Borders or from home country you lived in or visit. Applicant can submit personally or mail required documents to the nearest Embassy, Consulate Generals or Honorary Consulates, and other Nepalese Diplomatic Missions abroad. Once issued, the visa should be used within six months from date of issue and it cannot be withdrawn, amended, revalidated and visa fees will not be refund.
Nepal Visa Application by Mail - A Convenient Way to Obtain Nepal Visa Before Entry
Apply Nepal Visa through Mail/Post
To avoid long queuing for Nepal Visa on arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, especially in high peak seasons, visitors are advised to obtain the Nepal Visa prior to departure to Nepal. If visitors prefer to send documents to Embassy or Consulate for visa application than visiting in person, here are guides for help. Application of Nepal Visa throug mail does not apply to Chinese Nationals (citizens of Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan and Macao SAR are included).
Application Processes - How to Apply Nepal Visa by Mail
1. Applicants must firstly submit personal information on official website of Nepal Embassy in your home country(Embassy of Nepal USA: www.nepalembassyusa.org) truly and correctly before mailing the application documents out. Some details are required, like individual full name, gender, date or birth, address, contact number, email, passport number, application date, visa category and etc. and some are optional, such as submitted documents and return mail tracking number…The Embassy will return your application if they do not receive the data given.
2. Complete and print out the Nepal Visa Application From. It can be downloaded easily and conveniently from the official website of any Nepal Embassy or Consulate.
3. Pay the exact Visa Fee and service charge into Embassy’s bank account or bank of Consulate’s bank account. Please keep the deposit receipt for later mail.
4. Prepare the below listed necessary documents for visa submission. Some countries maybe require a little different, specific details please check on corresponding website of Nepal Embassy.
5. Enclose the bank craft, self-addressed prepaid return envelope with sufficient postage charge and documents required for application into a mail.
Notice that all the application materials including your original passport should be mailed to Nepal Embassy or Consulate entirely. Once all the steps done, you will be notified by email or text from Embassy Visa section whenever there’s an update for your visa application. After get issued, the visa will be delivered to your pointed address soon.
Personal Details Required on Embassy Website
Nepal Visa Application Form for USA Citizens
• Original Passport. The passport should be valid for a minimum of six months with signature and has two and more blank visa pages for Nepal Visa stamp. The amendment pages in the back of passport are not available. And the valid passport needs to be sent with other documents for visa issuance. Make some copies of the ID page as standby.
• One Latest Passport Size Photograph. The photo should be taken with standard of size of 35mm×45 mm (2 x 2’’), front view, in color, and with a plain/white background.
• Duly filled in and signed Nepal Visa Application Form. Check personal information and visa duration carefully for it can be revised after submission.
• Postal Order or bank draft, any deposited voucher of visa fee payment to Nepal Embassy or consulate, self - addressed prepaid and strong return envelope with tracking number and sufficient postage to return passport and visa. Enclose these important documents together with your passport, completed visa application form for mail to Nepal Embassy.
Nepal Visa Fee and Payment
Only Chinese passport holders (including tourists from Hong Kong SAR and Macao SAR), Children under 10 years, SAARC citizens and nonresidential Nepalese are exempt from visa fees . For all other nationals, visa fee are charged USD 20, 40 and 100 for multiple entries, stay of 15 days, 30 days and 90 days separately. If you apply the visa at the embassy in person, you are advised to bring cash directly for personal cheque and credit cards are not accepted.
As for Nepal Visa application through mail or post, applicants should deposit the required visa fee and service charge into bank account of Nepal Embassy or respective Consulate. Similarly, personal check, cash and credit card are not applicable for delivery the submission. Then you will get a payment voucher proofing you have paid the visa fee. Meanwhile, if you choose to get the visa return by post, relevant postage will be charged for delivery.
Original Passport and Visa Fee
30 Days Nepal Tourist Visa Issued in London
Nepal Tourist Visa Issued Freely in Lhasa Tibet for Chinese
Special Notes for Mailing the Submission
1. Once submitted or issued, the Nepal Visa can’t be withdrawn, revised and visa fee paid can’t be refund. Visitors can only change visa category in Kathmandu and extend Nepal Visa in Department of Immigration in Kathmandu (not available in Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport) and Immigration Office in Pokhara.
2. The postal/bank money order payable to the Embassy of Nepal should be well kept and sent directly to the Embassy of Nepal through mail and courier with other visa application documents.
3. Applicants are requested to use signature on delivery post for returning the passports with visa. The Nepalese Embassy or Consulate takes no responsibility of any loss, damaged, undelivered posts because of a weak envelope to bear up the load, and other incidents occurred during handling of the documents by postal office/courier or insufficient postage.
4. Visa Hours of Nepalese Embassy or Consulate is from Monday to Friday (working days) except on public holidays. And it takes about several working days to issue the visa and collect your passport with visa back.
Embassy of Nepal Washington DC, USA
Address for Obtain Nepal Visa by Mail
Embassy of Nepal Washington DC, USA
Address: 2131 Leroy Place, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: +1 (202) 667 4550
Fax: +1 (202) 667 5534
General Inquiry (Ext: 100): email@example.com
Official Website: www.nepalembassyusa.org
Consulate General of Nepal in New York
Address: 216 E 49th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY-10017
Fax: 917 675 6779
Phone: 917 675 6783
Honorary Nepali Consulate General in Chicago
Address: 10 N Dearborn Street, Seventh Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Phone: 312 236 1250
Fax: 312 263 3480
Embassy of Nepal, London
Address: 12A Kensington Palace Gardens, W8 4QU,London, UK
Phone: +44 (0)20 7243 7859
Fax: +44 (0)207 792 9861
Official Website: www.nepembassy.org.uk
Nepal Travel Guide
Recommended Nepal Tour PackagesFollowing are some of our most recommended Nepal tour packages that you may be interested in. All of our tour packages are classic itineraries, and can be tailor-made to meet your personal requirements. You can get more Nepal Tours, or contact us to customize a trip if you want.
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts soon!
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: